1 onion, finely chopped
10g fresh ginger, grated
10g garlic, grated
200g red split lentils
200ml vegetable stock (I use Bouillon)
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garam masala
400g (1 tin) chopped tomatoes
400ml (1 tin) coconut milk
250g baby plum tomatoes
sweet pointed peppers, for topping
1. Heat some oil in a large pan and add the onions. Cook on a medium heat until softened and translucent.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the spices and mix with the onions, then add the lentils and mix until coated.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and vegetable stock and stir.
5. Reduce to heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the mixture looks like it is getting too thick then add some more stock.
6. Whilst the curry is cooking, half the tomatoes and chop the peppers and put in the oven at 200 degrees for 5-10 minutes (the peppers may take slightly longer than the tomatoes).
7. Once the lentils are cooked through and the curry is at your desired consistency, mix in the tomatoes.
8. Serve, top with peppers and some coriander and enjoy!